The CAREWare database must operate in multi-user mode in order for the cwbt and sa logins to have access to the cw_data database. The cw_data database can revert to single-user mode if an incorrect sa password is entered when restoring the database from a backup when following the instructions here
To set the cw_data database back to multi-user mode from single-user mode:
- Stop the CAREWare business tier by following the instructions here.
- Connect to the CAREWare SQL Server database instance using SQL Server Authentication with the SA account.
- Expand Databases.
- Right click CW_Data.
- Click Properties.
- Click Options.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Other options list using the scroll bar on the right.
- Click Single_User for Restrict access.
- Select Multi_User.
- Click OK.
If there is an error when attempting to click properties, restart the CAREWare SQL Server Database Instance by following the instructions here
and try the steps again. If there is still an error when accessing properties, try running this query to set CW_Data to multi-user mode:
- Right-click CW_Data.
- Click New Query.
- Type this query in the SQLQuery1 window.
ALTER DATABASE CW_Data.
- Click Execute.
Once the CW_Data database is no longer in single_user mode, start the business tier by following the instructions here
Back to All CAREWare documentation