CAREWare has a Password Reset Manager that allows users to unlock their accounts.
To access the Password Reset Manager:
1. Log into the Central Administration
2. Click Administrative Options
3. Click Advanced Security Options
4. Click Password Reset Manager
5. Click Enable email password reset
6. Enter Outgoing Email Configuration settings.
To test the email settings:
1. Click Send Test Email
2. Enter an email address.
3. Click Send
Once the test email is sent, the user will receive an email like the one below.
The Password Reset Manager feature is triggered when a user account is locked because he or she entered an incorrect password more than three times. This is the default setting, which can be adjusted to a different number of entry errors. Once a user account is locked, CAREWare will show the following message:
Once the user account is locked, a Reset Password
button will be displayed.
1. Click Reset Password
2. Click Send reset code to user email
3. Click OK
The user will receive an email like this:
4. Enter the token from the email.
5. Click Submit.
6. Enter a new password.
7. Click Change Password
The user can now log into CAREWare with the new password.
to download these instructions.
Back to How do I reset/unlock a user?