After decrypting the cw_client table data in the CAREWare database, some users have reported getting a Bad Data error message
. We have created a program that resolves this error. Prior to utilizing this tool, verify if the cw_client table is encrypted by following the instructions here
To resolve this issue complete the following steps:
- Create a backup of your current CAREWare databases using a SQL Manager such as Management Studio. Here are instructions for backing up your data.
- Download and unzip the Encrypted Data Discrepancy Finder file into the RW CAREWare Business Tier folder (located at C:\Program Files (x86)\CAREWare\RW CAREWare Business Tier by default).
Click here to download this program for a CAREWare build 915 or newer.
Click here to download this program for a CAREWare build 865 through build 914.
Click here to download this program for earlier builds of CAREWare.
- Run the encryptedDataProblemFinder.exe.
- Click Find Problematic Clients.
- If any problematic clients are found, click Ok.
- Restart the Business Tier. Here are instructions for restarting the Business Tier Service.
- Log in to CAREWare.
If you have any additional questions regarding issues with CAREWare, please contact the CAREWare Help Desk
to download these instructions.
Back to Data Tier